Monday 2 May 2011

How to get on the Front Page of Etsy

It's an enigma at first, isn't it? I opened my Etsy shop in December, gained speed in January and have worked so hard at listing, marketing, reading, researching ever since,trying my best to be successful,to figure out the ONE thing that I know will get me there: that darn front page of Etsy. Well I have recently cracked the code. Y'all! Get in one of those Treasuries people are always composing! I'll tell you how in a second.

Yeah and that's another thing - what are those treasuries all about? Well they're not just fun things to create that may get you exposure with the sellers you feature, but THIS is exactly where the Etsy team get their front pages - from people like you and I. The Etsy front page apparently changes every hour with a different treasury that's composed by Etsy members. They like for them to look very clean, sharp, attractive. Best way to do this is to a. have a good looking photograph (always, always, always edit your pics in an easy, free program like Picasa)and b. TAG your items well!!! Tag like your life depends on it. Those keywords really are KEY.

I am inspired because I was featured on the front page today (pause for applause!).
How? Well, 1. The person who curated the treasury chose a nautical theme. That treasury is below - see the red and white shoes? Those are mine. I tagged them as 'nautical' since anything with colors red, white and blue can play into the nautical theme - and I know my retro customers love, LOVE them some nautical wear. So turns out this tag is what the curator searched for when she found me and put me in her front page-worthy treasury. Oh, and 2. The curator is from South Carolina, like me. I recently joined an Etsy team for Carolinians, and she gave some of us a shout out with her treasury. So let that be lesson c. Join a Team - You can make some friends who will want to help you out with coming into your Circle, liking you on Facebook or following you on Twitter, mentoring you with miscellaneous concerns and, of course, by featuring you on a, hopefully, front page-worthy treasury.

OH I almost forgot - MY SHOES SOLD TODAY...within minutes:)

Good luck, kittens

♥, Kelly





'Bathing Beauties' by SherryKayDesigns

Enjoy!


Bathing Beauty Old ...
$2.50

Vintage 1960s Nauti...
$82.00

Vintage Phone Genie...
$30.00

CUSTOM NAME with Da...
$48.95

Yellow House Paper...
$16.00

Blue and white tick...
$18.00

Vintage French Lady...
$3.50

Rockabilly Red and ...
$

Mother of Pearl But...
$45.00

Small Vintage Strip...
$28.00

Retro 50s Ocean Bea...
$36.50

children's ruf...
$29.00

Handcrafted Bead Ea...
$20.00

By The Sea Vintage ...
$55.00

Heavy Silver Curb C...
$26.00

Shabby Chic Butter ...
$75.00

Treasury tool by Red Row Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment