Friday 21 March 2014

Outfit of the Day: Neutral Plus a Pop of Turquoise

#OOTD: I'm getting on that train, y'all. Look for an outfit of the day a lot in the coming days and weeks and forever, we hope, right?

Neutral Plus a Pop of Turquoise
Spring finally sprang, y'all! I love this time of year, when it's time to phase out the winter clothes and let the summer wardrobe gradually take over. Sandals for boots, skirts for jeans, tank tops for sweaters. It's not that I hate winter; I actually love it. It's the change of season that's always euphoric. Come September, I'll be just as comforted by the return to blue jeans and black tights as I am about the onset of Spring attire.


As for these threads, I think they're perfect for this time of year. The air is too cool to bring on the pastels and flip flops, so let's sprinkle in the Spring with a pair of vibrant shorts and a lightweight top with calmer coloring.

This neutral shirt is a big, baggy sack of cute comfort. I love the buttoned-up half sleeves and the splash of turquoise stripes throughout, which makes it perfect for these shorts of that same shade.

Like Victoria Beckham (and surely lots of others) said: Either you show off your legs, or you show off your cleavage, but never both. So to make this big shirt chic, I paired it with these awesome '80s shorts. Rolled up, they're the perfect complement to the bigger top.

Top tip: If you're even slightly adventurous, a vintage hat takes any outfit to the next level.



I decided to throw in a tasseled vintage 80s purse, too, plus these sweet Sebagos that need no commentary—they hold pennies. Enough said. Oh, except this: some simple socks that you can turn down/fold over would be rockin' with this ensemble♥














No comments:

Post a Comment